Tips to help a Yorkie Overcome Car Sickness
- Do not feed or water before travel
- Potty Walk before ride and every couple of hours of travel
- Give them a Den. Crate or purse training helps a dog feel comfortable and protected
- Take short trips with nice endings.
- Do not get mad while your Yorkie is in the car. Getting mad at a sick dog creates more anxiety or anticipation in the dog.
- Stop and walk if they look like they are going to be sick, hopefully before they do.
Most dogs adapt to car rides once they get accumulated to the motion and the constant distractions encountered along the way. Also, going for a ride is a habit your dog learns from each trip and sometimes all you have to do is change the habit by teaching another way to ride in the car.Take your time helping your dog adjust and adapt because some dogs learn faster than others.Have questions, comments or suggestions? Let us know below 🙂